App_Code Class not working

Matthew

Hello All,

I have read a few different post similiar to my situtation, but nothing
details the solution, so I will try :)

I have two files: index.aspx and App_Code/log.vb; the log.vb file
defines a class called Log.

When my index.aspx page tries to dim an object as type Log, I always
get "Type 'Log' not defined' I get this error when I enclose the Log
class inside of a namespace as well, and @import the namespace at the
beginning of the index.aspx page.

Is there anything else, maybe a setting or a key in the web.config
file, that I have not tried or another way to do it? I have not tried
to compile the vb file into a dll file and place it in the bin
directory, but some of the posts and forums I have read state this was
not the solution either. I am running Microsoft .NET Framework
Version:2.0.50727.42 and ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

Thanks for you time

Matthew

Matthew

Thanks for the suggestions,

Yeah, I tried those, they didn't work.

So currently it reads:

Dim theLog as New ns.MattsLog

and I still get a Type not Defined error. The thing is, VWD 2005
Express recognizes it correctly, and autocompletes it and tells me the
little summary comment I made and everything, but it is just when the
web page is run (i.e. a compilation/compile time error?) that this
occurs.

Thanks again though for the help.

Matthew