Append new image to already stored multipage tiff file

helaha

Hello,
recently I've got a problem concerning multipage tiff's. I have to
handle a lot of images (about 1000 slices of MR or CT images). It
isn't possible to load the entire image stack into the main memory, so
I have to leave it on the hard disk. There is one multipage tiff file
on the hard disk and and the task is to load and save only single
images. I've already managed to load single images but I can't save
them back into the multipage tiff file. Furthermore I also want to
append an image to an existing and already stored multipage tiff file.
Does anybody know a solution in JAVA, eventually using JAI?
The solutions I've found so far need to load the entire image stack
into the main memory and therefore aren’t usable for my task.

Many thanks for any input,
Helmut

Knute Johnson

helaha said:
Hello,
recently I've got a problem concerning multipage tiff's. I have to
handle a lot of images (about 1000 slices of MR or CT images). It
isn't possible to load the entire image stack into the main memory, so
I have to leave it on the hard disk. There is one multipage tiff file
on the hard disk and and the task is to load and save only single
images. I've already managed to load single images but I can't save
them back into the multipage tiff file. Furthermore I also want to
append an image to an existing and already stored multipage tiff file.
Does anybody know a solution in JAVA, eventually using JAI?
The solutions I've found so far need to load the entire image stack
into the main memory and therefore aren’t usable for my task.

Many thanks for any input,
Helmut

Helmut:

You should try the JAI mailing lists. There are some very knowledgeable
folks on those lists.

http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/desktop/media/jai/project/index.html