Applet Hangs when submitting data to servlet

Nigel Wade

ILPTAB said:
I have been trying to find that commonality but have not been able to
put my finger on it yet. Here is something that we did find however"

After conferring with a technician in the field, we have some
additional information that we think may help resolve this issue.
Apparently there is a message line in the Java console that reads
"Network: Connecting socket://www.ptab.illinois.gov:554 with
proxy=DIRECT." This is significant because it indicates that the
Servlet and or applet is forcing a direct connection and is trying to
circumvent their firewall. The technician tells me that this is why
the applet is hanging and he believes that it's occurring as a result
of the way the java application is coded. Unfortunately, I do not
know how to code this so that it doesn't try to do a direct connect
instead of going through the proxy. Do you have any idea why this is
occuring? You can refer to the code I provided above to see how I am
setting up the socket connection on both sides.

Thank you.

Sorry, no idea. Proxy configuration is not something I know anything about. You
will have to resolve it with the administrators of the proxy and firewall in
question, and presumably configure your application to use whatever proxy is
required.

ILPTAB

Sorry, no idea. Proxy configuration is not something I know anything about. You
will have to resolve it with the administrators of the proxy and firewall in
question, and presumably configure your application to use whatever proxy is
required.

E-mail : (e-mail address removed)
Phone : +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555- Hide quoted text -

Yeah I think this puts a period at the end of this post. Thank you
for all your input.

Steve R.