Applets and HttpServer

Josh.P

Hello,

I'm writing a small Http Server and have couple questions.

Does HttpServer that provides also Applets need any special
support for socket programming? I have used sockets and streams
in my HttpServer and noticed that html pages and images are handled
well but what comes to Applets there are couple things that I don't
understand.

When Html page has Applet tag Browser usually make multiple requests to
HttpServer
to get Applet. Is this normal? Does Browser usually load Applet once with
one request
or does Browser use multiple requests for loading Applet? Or are there cases
were
Browser must refresh Applet from HttpServer?

Have anyone clear picture what should be considered when Applets are loaded
from
HttpServer?

Cheers,