application keys in web config (no taking new ones?)

Guest

hi Folk

this is frustrating as heck...

1. new keys are only showing 'Nothing' as their value...
2. VS.NET: rebuilding everything, restarted IIS, no bad XML, ...
3. old keys are still showing values (and can change and is reflected).
4.another developer just looked at this with me and we're looking at each
other just wondering what the heck is going on.
5. this is web.config at the virt. dir level.
6. just bounced server and can't see my new keys with Application.AllKeys,
just the original keys from web.config?

figured it's some kind of cache issue, but not after I bounced the OS?
anyone have more of a clue than us?

rob

Karl Seguin

Are you talking about appSettings values in the web.config that aren't
showing up in the Application object?

Karl

Guest

hi Karl

yes.

it appears that somebody from our dev team deleted some Application.Add code
from Application_Start in Global.asax.vb :(

everything was declared in web.config, but nothing showing? add the code:

Application.Add("myMissingSetting",
Configuration.Settings.AppSettings("myMissingSetting"))

and values now show up.

rob

Karl Seguin

Yes, I was going to say that appSettings don't automatically get put into
the Application object. You should check any HttpModule, Global.Asax or
custom confirugrations you have to see where the working ones are being
loaded, and add the not-working ones to it.

Karl