archive depencies and binary into one selt extracting packet

cerr

Hi There,

I have a stand alone binary that works awesomely well BUT in order for
a new version to work well, I would like to compile a self extracting
archive containing my binary XYZ, a 3rd party checksum binary and a
shell script with absolute target paths. So what I'm thinking is. Our
automated update process is able to download one binary file (which
would usually be XYZ only).... hence i would like to download this
self extracting archive that is disguised being XYZ now upon automatic
launch (this is for an embedded application) it would extract the
archive and automatically copy the checksum binary to /usr/bin/cksum,
the shell script to /usr/share/NovaxTSP/copy_file.sh and the XYZ
binary to /usr/share/working/prg.
Can I do this somehow? I don't see a tar option that would allow me to
create a self extracting archive. Any clues, suggestions, or hints?

Thanks a lot!
Ron

Noah Roberts

cerr said:
[...]

Not that this is a C++ question...but

Nullsoft's installer generator

http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

roneggler

Not that this is a C++ question...but

Nullsoft's installer generator

http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

Yes, this is in fact not a c++ question. I'm sorry i got diverted here
by myself...I found a solution with bash and tar - haven't gotten it
to work yet tho...but I'll get there after reviewing my bash scripting
skills ;)

Thanks anyways!

Ron