arithmetic on a void * pointer

Richard Bos

Seebs said:
... Which appears as a diamond with a question mark in it on my display.

The fundamental problem here goes a lot further than "how do I type it".

Then I'm afraid the problem is on your end in this case, because both of
your posts claim to use iso-8859-1 as their character set, and the
character in question is indeed the iso-8859-1 code for e-circonflexe.
So either your newsreader is lying to you, or you're using a font which
is not up to the job you're asking it to do.
It's true that there are problems with using non-ASCII characters on
Usenet, but in this case, Tim did everything he could to circumvent
them, and it ought to have worked (and in fact did work for me).

Richard