Article: understanding Ruby blocks, Procs and methods

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Eli Bendersky, Apr 18, 2006.

  1. Hi all,

    Finding myself utterly confused by the various approaches Ruby has to
    blocks of code, I did some research which resulted in an article:
    "Understanding Ruby blocks, Procs and methods" which I posted here:
    http://eli.thegreenplace.net/2006/04/18/understanding-ruby-blocks-procs-and-methods/

    It is aimed mostly to newcomers to Ruby, especially programmers coming
    from other languages like Perl and Lisp.

    I hope it will be useful, and will gladly fix any mistakes - so feel
    free to comment.

    Eli

    P.S: I posted this on both the comp.lang.ruby group and the Ruby
    mailing list (via ruby-forum) because the gateway between the two seems
    to be down

    P.P.S: I'll be glad to post the article on one of the Ruby Wikis, if
    there's demand for that, just tell me to which one and how to post
    there.

    Eli Bendersky, Apr 18, 2006