    Where should I start?
    Has AI already solved this kind of problems?

    Thanks.

    Giovanni R., Jun 14, 2014

  2. Giovanni R.

    Josip Almasi Guest

    Here, I guess:
    http://www.alicebot.org/downloads/programs.html
    Responding to user input - yes;)
    Analysing phrases - yes.
    Recognizing negative/positive phrases - not to my knowledge.

    Regards...

    Josip Almasi, Jun 14, 2014

  3. Giovanni R.

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    A priori polarity shouldn't be too hard.
    Contextual polarity maybe harder.
    Google Sentiment+Analysis.
    An extended example:
    <http://alias-i.com/lingpipe/demos/tutorial/sentiment/read-me.html>

    Jeff Higgins, Jun 14, 2014
  4. Giovanni R.

    Stefan Ram Guest

    Is the following sentence negative or positive and why?

    »Nella predisposizione dei turni di ferie, nei limiti delle
    esigenze di servizio, viene data precedenza ai lavoratori
    disabili rientranti nelle categorie di cui alla legge
    12.03.1999 n. 68; per il restante personale si tiene conto
    delle richieste degli interessati in rapporto alla loro
    situazione familiare e alla loro anzianità di servizio.«

    Stefan Ram, Jun 14, 2014
  5. Giovanni R.

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    Jeff Higgins, Jun 15, 2014
  6. Giovanni R.

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    The text 'It has been real and it has been fun but it has not been real
    fun.'
    has positive strength 2 and negative strength -1

    Jeff Higgins, Jun 15, 2014
  7. Giovanni R.

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    Jeff Higgins, Jun 15, 2014
  8. Giovanni R.

    Sarah Connor Guest

    Consider that the same phrase, "good job!", can mean it was a good job or
    it was a terrible job depending on the context. (Ex.: In Star Wars Attack
    of the Clones when Anakin and Padme have been captured and are chained up
    next to Obi-Wan, he asks what they're doing here. Anakin says they came
    to rescue him. Cue "good job!".)

    The day AI can reliably tell when "good job!" is positive or negative is
    the day we can all stop worrying about keeping *our* jobs -- one way or
    another.

    Sarah Connor, Jun 15, 2014
  9. Giovanni R.

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    Memento for me. "Contextual Valence Shifters"
    <http://aaaipress.org/Papers/Symposia/Spring/2004/SS-04-07/SS04-07-020.pdf>

    Jeff Higgins, Jun 15, 2014
  10. Giovanni R.

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    Jeff Higgins, Jun 15, 2014
  11. Giovanni R.

    Eric Sosman Guest

    Ain't nuthin' no better nor whut he said.

    Eric Sosman, Jun 15, 2014
  12. Giovanni R.

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    Aspects of English Negation
    Yoko Iyeiri
    John Benjamins Publishing, 2005

    When Voices Clash: A Study in Literary Pragmatics
    Jacob Mey
    Walter de Gruyter, 1999

    Jeff Higgins, Jun 15, 2014
  13. Giovanni R.

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    I ain't gwine to tell no mo' 'cause I ain't to make
    statement and testify 'bout sumpin' I ain' know about.

    Jeff Higgins, Jun 15, 2014
  14. Giovanni R.

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    We don't need no education.

    Jeff Higgins, Jun 15, 2014
  15. Giovanni R.

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    Jeff Higgins, Jun 15, 2014
  16. Definitely positive (for your health) ;-)

    Andreas Leitgeb, Jun 16, 2014