ASP Error messages

Simon Wigzell

I'm running asp on MS Server 2000. Running Internet Explorer I used to get a
proper message with page and line number when there was a bug in my asp
code. Suddenly I'm not getting these any more, I just get the standard
HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer
page which is completely useless.

In Tools/Internet Options/Advanced neither "Disable Script Debugging" or
"Disable a notification about every script error" is checked, though I think
these only apply to scripts running in the client e.g. javascript.

Any ideas how I can get my server errors back? This is taking a huge chunk
out of my productivity!

Thanks.

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Hi Simon,

Those settings you're changing are for client-side code errors. There's
another setting, http://www.aspfaq.com/2109, that tells IE to send the real
response text when it gets a 500 response from the server.

Ray at work

Simon Wigzell

Thanks for replying but the link goes to a bad page. Can you send me the
working link? Thanks.