    I'm investigating moving our small company from VS2003 to VS2005. I currently
    have Beta 2 insyalled on my machine, and I was wondering if it is possible to
    compile to ASP.Net 1.1 using Visual Studio 2005?

    Guest, Jul 20, 2005

    Karl Seguin Guest

    Karl Seguin, Jul 20, 2005

    Guest Guest

    As long as you do not use any newer features, you can use the command line
    compiler for 1.1. If you want to break Visual Studio 2005, you can tweak the
    registry to use this compiler (and live with the massive aggrevation that
    comes from doing this to yourself). But, you cannot, without tweaking the
    product so it does not work properly, have Visual Studio 2005 compile to 1.1.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!