asp.net 2.0 beta 2 problems

Guest

1)
There was announced that the default providers for membership, profile, etc
in beta 2 would be SQLExpress instead of the Beta 1 AccessProvider, and that
AccessProvider will be discontinued.

I'm trying to do some simple apps in asp.net 2.0 beta 2, but the
AccessProvider is still alive and the problem it's that I cannot make work
the SQL provider with an SQL database, the AccessDatabase is automatically
created and associated as with the providers.

2)
What happened with the ImageField of the GridView in asp.net 2.0 Beta 2.
In beta 1 you can bound an image field to a database, but now the property
DataField of this tag is not more available.

3) In a page that has a Maste defining some placeholders...
You cannot reference a control from one content from another?
For example a sqldatasource in one and a gridView in another.
Or a combo in one, and a sqldatasource controldependency which this control
in the other.

Anyone knows something about any of these issues?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Brock Allen

1)
There was announced that the default providers for membership,
profile, etc
in beta 2 would be SQLExpress instead of the Beta 1 AccessProvider,
and that
AccessProvider will be discontinued.
I'm trying to do some simple apps in asp.net 2.0 beta 2, but the
AccessProvider is still alive and the problem it's that I cannot make
work the SQL provider with an SQL database, the AccessDatabase is
automatically created and associated as with the providers.

The code for the AccessProvider will be made available at some point as a
sample but not supported by Microsoft.

Guest

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

I already used the aspnet_regsql command, and I have the sql database
created and running.
The problem is that asp.net continues to persist the info using an
AccessDataBase, but the WSAT shows the SQLProvider as the configured
provider, and a programmatic query to the Membership.Provider.Name shows
"AspNetSqlMembershipProvider".

Any other suggestion?
Any idea of the other two items?

Guest

Hi Juan,

I am developing an asp.net application using c# and asp.net 2.0 beta 2. I
started developing this page usign beta1. In beta 1 I have written some code
in Page_LoadComplete(object sender, EventArgs e) events of page. It was
working fine. But after I installed beta 2.0 Page_LoadComplete events is not
firing at all. Can u guide me how can I achieve this goal?

Thankx in advance.
Shailesh.

Juan T. Llibre

Hi, Shailesh.

The System.Web.UI.Page.LoadComplete
event *is* supported in ASP.NET 2.0.

You are using VB.Net, so the declaration looks like this :

Public Event LoadComplete As EventHandler

The instantiation looks like this :

WithEvents page1 As Page

Function page1_LoadComplete(sender As Object, _
e As EventArgs) As Void

Handles page1.LoadComplete
End Function

For further info, check out :
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/bs9d1zcy(en-us,vs.80).aspx
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/2xz770y8(en-us,vs.80).aspx
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/2ccyd347(en-us,vs.80).aspx

Lastly, take a look at :
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/37xfd0d9(en-us,vs.80).aspx
for info on the Page.OnLoadComplete Method

Guest

Juan,

thnx for ur kind reply.
I am not using vb.net, I am using c#.net. So can u tell me how to use this
code in c#.

Guest

Hi Juan,

I gone through the link provided by youl.
But I found only 'public event EventHandler LoadComplete;' part of code
there. I am not able to find event usage code.

It would be great if u can provide me the c# code.

Thankx
Shailesh.

Juan T. Llibre

public event EventHandler LoadComplete;

Page page1;

void page1_LoadComplete(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
//your code here...

Guest

Juan,

I replicated the code as provided by you. But still my LoadComplete event is
not fired.

U can check following code.

public partial class FactoryOtherDetail : ComplianceWeb.CompliancePage
{
public event EventHandler LoadComplete;
Page page1;

// my code here
}

protected void Page1_LoadComplete(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
// my code here

Guest

Juan,

I replicated the code as provided by you. But still my LoadComplete event is
not fired.

U can check following code.

public partial class FactoryOtherDetail : ComplianceWeb.CompliancePage
{
public event EventHandler LoadComplete;
Page page1;

// my code here
}

protected void Page1_LoadComplete(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
// my code here

Thnx & Regards,
Shailesh.

Guest

Juan,

I gone through the example which u provided. But I think its not usefull for
me.
Can u tell me any other way how can I attach my LoadComplete event with my
web page.

Thanks and Regards,
Shailesh