ASP.NET 2.0 Menu

somefakeaddress

Hi,

I have an ASP.NET 2.0 Menu control bound to the following sitemap
structure:

Root
Page 1
Page 1.1
Page 1.2
Page 1.2.1
Page 2

Now, if I expand Page 1 -> Page 1.2 and click on Page 1.2.1, I can
change the background color (for example) of node 1.2.1 to show the
user that he/she is currently on Page 1.2.1. But what I really want to
do is highlight the entire path (i.e. change the background color of
nodes Page 1, Page 1.2 and Page 1.2.1). Is that possible and if so, how
do I do that?

Brgds / Niklas

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

By default, it is not possible. You can inherit from the menu control and
add the ability to change style on the entire hierarchy, however. It will
likely be a lot of work, as the actual work is done client side with
JavaScript.

Niklas Uhlin

Thanks for the quick reply!
Do you know if there are any commercial products that would allow me to
highlight the entire path?

Brgds/Niklas

Olaf Rabbachin

Hi,

Niklas said:
Do you know if there are any commercial products that would allow me to
highlight the entire path?

alternatively - why don't you use a sitemap-control at each page's
top-area? Not much work to do and as this is sort of a standard, everybody
would see the path without a menu being colored non-standard wise.

Cheers,
Olaf