ASP.Net 2.0 Page Layout - How to?

Bill Cohagan

I'm trying to construct a page that will approximate a windows form page. It
will include 5 or 6 "rows" of controls with each row containing several
labels, textboxes, maybe a dropdown, a button or two, etc.

I've found that using the default flow approach wont' let me come even
close. I've tried using a table to control things, but that is so tedious
that I'd still be doing layout 2 months from now. I've been told that using
Grid layout is a Bad Thing.

So, what's the best way to do page layout in ASP.Net 2.0 under VS 2005?
Surely there's some way of doing this in reasonable time?

Thanks in advance,
Bill

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Hate to tell you, but one or more tables are how this is normally done.
You can have tables within tables if you wish. I suggest you use the Table
control from the HTML tab of your toolbox so that you can arrange things
visually in the designer.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Bill,

I agree with Steve that use table or nested tables is the common way to
design html page layout.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Bill,

Have you got any further idea on this issue? If there're anything else we
can help, please feel free to post here.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

tdavisjr

If you really want, you can turn on absolute positioning and just drag
and drop your web controls where ever you want on the page.