ASP.NET 2.0 Session Cookie

Guest

Hi,

Kindly clarify the followings;

1. Is the session cookie & FormsAuthenticationTicket cookie Interdependent?

2. When a new SessionID is generated, I have noticed the Session Cookie and
the FormsAuthentication cookie are binded.

3. I need to know whether it's possible by Code or settings to treat the
Session Cookie & the FormsAuthentication Cookie as different?

4. The problem I'm facing is that, when a SessionID is alloted by the Web
Server, the FormsAuthentication Cookie is binded with the Session till the
session dies?

Thanks,

Ibrahim.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

What do you want?

End session, but not auth ticket? Make it persist.
End ticket, but not session? Fine, can be done in code the opposite of
setting up the ticket. Once "expired", it is gone.

Does that help?

--
Gregory A. Beamer

Think Outside the Box!

Guest

Hi,

It really does'nt help..

The problem I'm facing is that, when a SessionID is alloted by the Web
Server, the FormsAuthentication Cookie is binded with the Session till the
session dies?

Yours thoughts?

Brock Allen

1. Is the session cookie & FormsAuthenticationTicket cookie
Interdependent?

No. These are 2 different features and each one uses a seperate cookie.
2. When a new SessionID is generated, I have noticed the Session
Cookie and the FormsAuthentication cookie are binded.

In what way? What do you mean?
3. I need to know whether it's possible by Code or settings to treat
the Session Cookie & the FormsAuthentication Cookie as different?

They are different.
4. The problem I'm facing is that, when a SessionID is alloted by the
Web Server, the FormsAuthentication Cookie is binded with the Session
till the session dies?

The timeouts are different. <sessionState> is configured differently than
<authentication><forms /></authentication>.

Guest

Hello Allen,

Thanks for your inputs & answers. I think you are quite right, the problem
which I listed down were connected to improper cache settings.

Thanks