ASP.Net 2.0 SQL connection problem

kunal.hs

Hi,
I have been facing this strange problem. I have development ASP.Net 2.0
site setup on my machine. I also have a copy of the same code as
another virtual directory on the IIS.

When I use the development site, I have no problems.

The copied virtual directory though keeps giving me this error.

"An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.
When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the
fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote
connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not
open a connection to SQL Server)"

If the development site with the same connectionstring can access the
database. Why cant the copy of it do it?

This is frustrating me. I usually test by creating a copy on my machine
as well as other test machines. If this is not working, I wont be able
to decide if I should deploy the changes on the web servers or not.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Kunal.