ASP.NET AJAX - navigating map control

Marek

Hi!

Do you know how can I implement asp.net/ajax web control for showing/
navigating maps? I want to implement control like google has one for
google maps.

Maybe some open source projects or sample code you know?

Best regards!

Cowboy \(Gregory A Beamer\)

If you are merely going to wrap current functionality of MapQuest, Google,
Live maps, etc., then there is no need to try to create your own update
functionality, as it is built in. If you are planning on building your own,
you have to ask the following questions:

1. Do I have a source for tiled maps?
2. Do I have the time to invest to complete this project?

The system requires some rather complex logic. You have to handle mouse
movements as well as updates. You can examine the raw JavaScript from any of
the current map providers and see what I mean. Just look at your cache when
you go to Google Maps, for example.

I hate to discourage, but this is one I would buy instead of build.

Marek

Thanks.

I know that is large project, but I will try :) I hope you will find
my results on the Web in 2009. :)