Asp.Net and SSL

SubstandardSnowman

I'm making an ASP.Net website using forms authentication. I want to force all
users to use SSL when using this application. I know that I can specify in
IIS to force the app to have SSL but I can't do my testing when I do this. Is
this the best way to accomplish this or is there a better way?

SubstandardSnowman

If I turn this setting on then I can't open the project with VS.NET. I was
hoping to just be able to have it on all the time or some other method to
always force SSL but if this is not possible then I would just like to know.

Nicole Calinoiu

You can open web projects in VStudio even if their corresponding virtual
directories force use of SSL. You simply need to adjust the URLs used by
VStudio to refer to your project. For instructions, see
http://groups.google.com/[email protected]&rnum=4.

You can also test an application under SSL even if IIS doesn't force SSL
use. As long as there's an appopriate certificate installed and an SSL port
mapped, you can use an https address to reach your pages even if you're not
forcing SSL.

HTH,
Nicole