SSL and os.system/Popen

Marek Lipert

Hi!

I have a problem with SSL and threaded os.system (rewritten to Popen but
still not working). First - the set-up:

I am using windows 2003 server with current python 2.6.

When new connection comes to my server-side application, i do accept,
and then:

self.client =
ssl.wrap_socket(self.socket,certfile="server.crt",keyfile="server.key",ss
l_version=ssl.PROTOCOL_TLSv1,server_side=True)

It works flawlessly UNLESS another therad of this same application runs
simultanously os.system (or Popen) on an external exe file (which does
not do a thing in a directory where my server is)

I then get an error

[Errno 336265218] _ssl.c:337: error:140B0002:SSL
routines:SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file:system lib

I suspect it has something to do with filesystem locking, but why? The
application is run by administrator and certificate files are marked as
'full control' and all other security properties in windows (for
everyone, not just administrator).

I would appreciate your help.

Cheers,

Mark