asp.net connection to sql server?

Hello. Sorry if this is a novice question but can anyone show or point me
to some code in having windows authentication to sql server for an asp.net
application where it's not using just one generic windows account? I need
to assign individual windows logins to our users (basic authentication in
conjunction with https since not everyone is on the same domain). I notice
in pretty much all the examples/samples I see on the net they have the
asp.net apps use 1 generic or surrogate windows connection to sql server
that's on the same domain but how does one configure the asp.net app to
allow individual windows authentication for users to access the asp.net app
from anywhere on the web? The reason I'm asking is because I need to use
SQL Profiler in seeing who did what to the data at what time, etc...

Thanks in advance.

So would one make this adjustment in the web.config file? Also would this
still be able to use and work with dragging and dropping the Login control
objects onto the web form?

Thanks a bunch Scott for your info and quick reply. I appreciate it.

Scott M.

It is a good idea to separate the connectionstring from the program code by
putting it into a config file, yes. Then, your program can extract the
info. from that file as needed. I haven't used the login control, but I'm
sure you can add code to the page_load event handler to programmatically set
this up.

Good luck.