ASP.NET running slow and Application Trace is empty...

Scott Cadillac

Hello,

I've been developing ASP.NET projects for over a year, and one particular
project which I've deployed numerous times (the same copy of files) is
acting very strange on a new install.

On a newly installed Windows 2000 Server (fully patched), I installed .NET
Redist 1.1 and my Web app was deployed by simple xcopy.

All the pages take forever to return - on every call.

Even the Trace.axd page always takes forever to render - and it's always
empty. Column headers appear but no listings.

I have the Web.config configured for Tracing and I've done this numerous
times and I can't understand why it doesn't work and why everything is so
slow.

The only thing really different about this box is that it has Novell
Security on it. So of course I'm not 100% sure I was installing with true
"Admin" rights.

I've uninstalled .NET 1.1 and re-installed it but it didn't help. Any ideas
anyone?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Cheers...

Scott Cadillac
(e-mail address removed)