ASP.NET Usind Access DB

Paul W Smith

I am converting a site from ASP to ASP.NET.

In the ASP site I used an Access DB which used some user defined functions
written in VBA modules. The ASP site used queries that contained these user
defined functions without issue.

The new ASP.NET site uses exactly the same Access DB, but it produces an
"System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException was unhandled by user code" error when
calling an query that conatins a user defined function. In all other
aspects the site works fine except where a query requires use of one of the
user defined functions.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a know limitation of using an Access
DB, you can no longer use user defined functions?

PWS

Tim Burkart

Paul,

You should be able to put your user function in the code behind file or
if it is a common function then you should create a user control that
gets compiled into a dll.

tim