ASPNET hosting problem

Grant Merwitz

There will have to be some changes made:

First of all, you will need to point to the right Sql Server.
If you are creating your connection string in your web.config file, you'll
need to change it to point to the Sql Server accessible by your host.

You did upload your database right?
I mean, you don't expect the application to use your local Sql Server -
unless ofcourse you have a fixed IP?

ITO the files you need to upload.
If it is a visual studio.net project, you'll need to load the bin directory
and all aspx files as well as your web.config and global.asax file.
If you are using any XML files or text files etc. you will obviously have to
load those too.

If in doubt, just copy the whole directory.

If you have to set up the database, it may be best to speak to your
webhostingcenter.com to help you set that up.
Also check that they do support ASp.NET database driven web sites.

Hope that sheds some light on your situation

Viktor

Hi all,

I'm trying to host my web application which is wriiten in ASP.NET/C#/SQL on
webhostingcenter.com. They use H-SPHERE control panel. I have written my
application on my PC, so the SQL server was local, the hosting server was
local, the IIS server was local. I have uploaded the application
but without any success when i tried to start it.. I don't know what kind of
files I have to upload from the project. Do I have to make any changes in
Global.asax, Web.Config, and the other files. Could you help me here please!
I'm stucked.

Thank you!

Jeff Dillon

As in all troubleshooting, start simple.

Upload a single test.aspx page that just response.write("hello")

and go from there. Then, find the line you are getting the error on..it
appears when you are accessing session state?

And if you have questions on which files to copy, I assumed you've already
tried copying ALL the files???

Jeff

Viktor

Thank you for the reply!
Do I have to upload the .cs files and the .resx files?Also the .sln file,
the .webinfo file? When I try to open the webpage there is an errer. Could
you check?

http://bgimoti.net/index.aspx

Thank you again!

Viktor