Attaching pdf to html email using jmail.appendHTML & JMail.AddAttachment

Vix

Hello - I'm using jmail.appendHTML to create personalised html emails
within an asp script. I am attching a pdf to the html mail using
JMail.AddAttachment. The pdf is attached to the mail but the
attachment paper clip icon doesn't show up.
From some browsing on groups I think I have to encode the pdf or have
a contentID.

Something along the lines of:

if attachment <> "" then
'JMail.AddAttachment(attachment)
contentId3 = jmail.AddAttachment(attachment)

end if
' normal body of html email
jmail.appendHTML "<META http-equiv=Content-Type: application/pdf
name=" & contentId3 & """>"
jmail.appendHTML "<META http-equiv=Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64>"
jmail.appendHTML "<META http-equiv=Content-disposition: attachment;
filename=" & contentId3 & """>"

I'm not really sure what to search on - groups only had 4 items under
jmail.appendHTML!!!
Could anyone help point me in the right direction or perhaps have the
html to attach a file other than an image?

Thank you very much
Vicky

(There's an article re. lost paperclip in outlookXP but it happens on
all Outlook versions so I don't think that's problem
<http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/200201/msg00199.html>)

Thomas Weidenfeller

Vix said:
Hello - I'm using jmail.appendHTML to create personalised html emails
within an asp script

You better ask in a Microsoft ASP group, or buy support from Dimac.
JMail is not JavaMail, and in fact has nothing to do with Java.

/Thomas