AwStats vs. window.locate - why AwStats can''t get URL referer?

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by meucat, Sep 7, 2006.

  1. meucat

    meucat Guest

    Hello People

    I use window.locate() to open links from my page to other sites. I do
    that because I want to count +1 link for that page, so window.locate
    gives me the opportunity use some PHP script before calling link.

    Problem is remote server uses AwStats to count incoming calls, so it is
    able to count my link only if I send via <a href=url , but not by using
    window.locate(url)

    I am not shure what I am saying is true, since I am not AwStats expert,
    but that is what I see.

    I come here only to hear from you that problem is really because
    window.open, or else problem is some AwStats parameter that remote
    server needs to set up

    My other question is: by using meta tag REDIRECT should I solve this
    problem?

    Thanks

    Mig

    meucat, Sep 7, 2006