Axis 1.x: Java2WSDL namespace options

bruce_phipps

Axis 1.4 newbie.

I am using the Java2WSDL tool on mypackage/HelloWorld.class

But I am unsure of how to use the options:
-n [target namespace of WSDL file] -- this seems to define the "folder"
where the WSDL file is exported.
-p [mapping from package to namespace]

Are these options required? Will they affect the required deployment
folders on Tomcat (do the namespaces entered here need to be duplicated
on deployment)?

Thanks
bruce

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

I am using the Java2WSDL tool on mypackage/HelloWorld.class

But I am unsure of how to use the options:
-n [target namespace of WSDL file] -- this seems to define the "folder"
where the WSDL file is exported.
-p [mapping from package to namespace]

Are these options required? Will they affect the required deployment
folders on Tomcat (do the namespaces entered here need to be duplicated
on deployment)?

They are not required.

It is usually a very good thing to do the mapping.

Example:

-N http://localhost:8080/axis/services/TestService=ws.stub

Untested because I always prefer to use the ant task:

<axis-wsdl2java output="${gensrc.dir}" url="${wsdl.url}">
<mapping
namespace="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/TestService"
package="ws.stub"/>
</axis-wsdl2java>

Arne

bruce_phipps

Thanks, but I am still unsure about which namespaces to use.
Generally, the lines at the top of a WSDL file I do not full understand
yet. The rest of the WSDL file: SOAP message definitions, methods etc.
I can understand OK.

Bruce
[...]

For WSDL2Java which my example was for:
namespace is the one in the existing WSDL file
package is whatever you want it to be

For Java2WSDL it is the opposite:t
package is the one from your existing code
namespace is whatever you want it to be

Arne