Batch printing from a ASP.NET Webapp?

Guest

Hi,

I'm currently working on a webapp that generates reports for the user and i was wondering if there was a way to do batch printing.

I was playing around with the idea of sending the reports to a browser window and then starting the print job from there, but i need to know if i can insert a page break or something so that the printer will know when to start a report on a new page.

Is this possilbe? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

Hi Ardie,

Just put this wherever you want a page break:

You won't see it on screen, but you will see it in the prinout. Beware
though, it may only work in IE.

Eric

Ardie said:
Hi,

I'm currently working on a webapp that generates reports for the user and
i was wondering if there was a way to do batch printing.
I was playing around with the idea of sending the reports to a browser
window and then starting the print job from there, but i need to know if i
can insert a page break or something so that the printer will know when to
start a report on a new page.

Guest

Eric,

Thanks for your help! I used that CSS tag in an external style sheet and it works beautifully!

What i ended up doing is outputing all the reports into one, multi-page html file and added that tag after each "report".

Also, i tested it on Firefox Win/Mac, and on IE6 and it works.

Thanks again for the tip.

Ardie.