Best practises for switching between https and http pages in .NET

Mike Tallman

I am implementing a site where only a few pages need to be accessed through
https and I'm trying to determine the best way to switch between secure and
open pages. I don't want to hardcode the full url since it seems like a pain
to maintain test, preprod and prod sites.

I have built a method that takes two parameters (page, isSecure) and I use
this method to build the full URI using settings from within the web.config,
but the solution seems "kludgy." Any recommendations for the best way to
cleanly move between http and https pages?