    Any ideas any leads will be helpful

    Thanks,
    RSB

    RSB, Nov 14, 2007

  2. RSB,

    Well, if you are behind a firewall, and someone is trying to make a
    request from you, you have no choice but to open up a port on the firewall
    and expose an endpoint so that people can connect to you and get the
    information they need.

    If you are trying to push the information to other people, and you are
    behind a firewall, it shouldn't be an issue, since you are making an
    outgoing connection, and typically, firewalls block incoming connections.

    Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP], Nov 14, 2007

  3. RSB

    Guest Guest

    RSB,
    Lacking a definition for "some folks out side" leaves a number of
    possibilities. Perhaps FTP is an option, or maybe they have a web service
    setup to receive your information, or maybe even VPN connectivity to your
    resources. A number of options are available to you other than SMTP depending

    Guest, Nov 14, 2007