bidirectional interactive multi user webpage tutorial? like chatroom?

doltharz

Someone can point me to some good tutorial on building realtime
multiuser interactive web pages?

I prefer ASP/HTML but if there is no way, i'm open to Flash Java and
Activex. By the way i prefer keeping it as mush "HTML" as possible.

Thanks in advance

I'm not a GURU nor an EXPERT or something like that.
I'm just a passionnate programmer.

Doltharz

Ray at

I think you'd have to be a little more descriptive than that. Do you want
to build a site with Asteroids game in it? Do you want to create a database
driven site, etc.. There are lots of sites for each specific piece of
information that you'd need for each individual step of building a site,
from choosing an editor, the basics of HTML, how ASP works, how to
communicate with database, how to setup IIS, how to create Flash animations,
etc.. There won't be any one single tutorials that covers everything that
fits your needs exactly.

Ray at work

doltharz

Ray at work

i want to build something like a chatroom (actualy my mind has greater
expectation than simple chatroom, all i can say is AD&D)

I want it to be interactive but not just one user changing the aspect
of it's browser using DHTML but all user changing data in all other
users browsers.

Just like a REAL TIME ISketch.net if you know it
Not something that will refresh itself each 5 seconds, something
bidirectional. kinda two ways event driven.

Doltharz at home

[...]

I did some c and java before, nothing involving socket or
"communication stuff" just some academic stuff.

i've build some REAL web site, yeah, all of them database driven and
most of em with dynamic content that can be modified by authenticated
users (add item, remove item, search, reports, upload filesuser
management, blah blah blah...)

I just wnat to "add more to my bare knowledge"

BTW, your link looks like its dead...maybe just not "UP AND RUNNING"
right now
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/articles/article_20.asp
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/articles/
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

Doltharz at home

You should start learning how to create java applets then, I'd say. Have
you done anything in Java, or have you created any web sites before? If
not, you should probably read this.
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/articles/article_20.asp (Advice, not criticism!)

Ray at work