Binding to DataSet

sck10

Hello,

I have the following code that I am try to use to populate a DropDownBox
(ddlTerminationType1). The List that I am getting is as follows:
"System.Data.DataRowView".

Any help with this would be appreciated, sck10

Dim dsTermType As DataSet = New DataSet()
Dim prmTermType As OleDbParameter
Dim cmdTermType As New OleDb.OleDbCommand("sp_web_Search", cnnSearch)
cmdTermType.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure
'Declare Parameters
prmTermType = cmdTermType.Parameters.Add("@strParm01", OleDbType.VarChar)
: prmTermType.Value = "FindTerminationType"
prmTermType = cmdTermType.Parameters.Add("@strParm02", OleDbType.VarChar)
: prmTermType.Value = "NoParameter"
prmTermType = cmdTermType.Parameters.Add("@strParm03", OleDbType.VarChar)
: prmTermType.Value = "NoParameter"
prmTermType = cmdTermType.Parameters.Add("@strParm04", OleDbType.VarChar)
: prmTermType.Value = "NoParameter"
Dim spTermType As New OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(cmdTermType)
spTermType.Fill(dsTermType, "MyDataSet")
ddlTerminationType1.DataSource = dsTermType
ddlTerminationType1.DataBind()

Scott M.

How about setting the DataTextField property of the DropDown with the field
name that you wish to show?

Karl Seguin

And the DataValueField with the value field you want ..

And to expand on Scott's answer:

ddlTerminationType1.DataSource = dsTermType
ddlTerminationType1.DataTextField = "Name"
ddlTerminationType1.DataValueField = "Id"
ddlTerminationType1.DataBind()

assuming sp_web_Search returns a result set with a column named "Name" and
"Id"

Karl