Bioinformatics Suite

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Raghava, Apr 10, 2009.

  1. Raghava

    Raghava Guest

    Dear Colleagues
    As you know our group have developed number of webservers over the
    years. I got lot of request related to i) availability of source
    code; ii) perl scripts used to build software; iii) standalone
    version of methods. In order to help our bioinformatics users
    particularly young developers who wish to develop bioinformatics
    programs; first time we are releasing source code (written in PERL)
    for public. I hope these perl scripts will be useful for
    bioinformatics community.

    Codes are available from
    http://www.imtech.res.in/raghava/gpsr/
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/gpsraghava/

    This is just starting, we will release all software to public in next
    one year. I will appreciate you comment/suggestion/feedback on this
    package GPSR.

    Regards

    Raghava
    # Dr G P S Raghava, Scientist and Head Bioinformatics Centre #
    # Institute of Microbial Technology, Sector-39A, Chandigarh, India #
    # Phone: +91-172-2690557, Fax: +91-172-2690632
    #
    # Eadd: http://www.imtech.res.in/raghava/ #
    #=====================================================

    Raghava, Apr 10, 2009

  2. Raghava

    sln Guest

    Sure, my comment is your a pig researcher sucking down grants and getting
    everybody to earn it for free.

    -sln

    sln, Apr 10, 2009

  3. Raghava

    sln Guest

    But ya know. I hate to tell ya, but, you can write all the diffy-q, derivations,
    analytical hocus-pocus you want, %99 of which are flawed. Oh, but why is it flawed?
    Because, in my life, I have never seen such a generation to generation to generation,
    of the most grant driven PhD Physicist in all history I've studied in the last 100
    years, except Einstein. Statistically, humans would have another Einstein or 2 since
    him given the exponential birth rate and technology.

    But no. I'm thinking a PhD is as about as easy to get nowadays as a Mac hamburger.

    Gigantic data gathering will not reveal anything without inspiration. Didn't they
    ever tell you that?

    Don't make me laugh!

    -sln

    sln, Apr 10, 2009