Bool inside switch

Joined
Jun 14, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I wish to add a Boolean value as a control which determines if a different error message is displayed within my case statements, knowing I should declare the variable as:

Code:
boolean bool = true;

Inside my statement:

Code:
switch (data) {
                case "HELLO":
                    sendln(String.format("HELLO %s; pleased to meet you!", getSocket().getRemoteSocketAddress().toString()));
                    //set bool to false
                    break;
                case "BYE":
                    sendln("Brew what?");
                    break;
                default:
                    sendln("ERR Sorry did not understand. Say BYE if you wish to exit.");
                    break;
            }

Although the purpose of changing Boolean value from true-false is that I wish to display the message 'Already in session.' if the first case has previously been ran and I do not know how to code this.

Joined
Mar 28, 2022
Messages
82
Reaction score
11
Java:
public class Scratchpad {

    String testVariable = "test";
    Boolean myToggle = false;

    switch(testVariable){
      case "nope":
        System.out.println("not a match");
        break;
      case "test":
        System.out.println("test variable equalled 'test'");
        myToggle = true;
        break;
      default:
        System.out.println("default case");
    }

    System.out.println(
      String.format("my toggle is: %s", myToggle)
    );

  } // main
} // Scratchpad
output said: