Browser Close Event

bsm

Hi,

I have googled for my issue in this group. This question was asked
many times and many solution was given. But I want clear cut solution
for the issue.

The issue is:

I tried to capture the browse close event by using
Body onunload=fn1() statement and it is working fine.

I have one Parent and child window.
My req is to close the child window when I click -X- buton in IE. It
is also working fine. (I wrote condition in Unload event of the parent
page).

But when the page is postback (when I click one button) the unload
event fires and it closes my child window automatically. But I want my
child window should not close this situation.

How this can be achieved.

Thanks in advance.

bsm

bsm said the following on 4/25/2007 6:08 AM:

Then have the button you click set a parameter. The fn1 function would
check that parameter and either close or not close the window.

<button onclick="closeWindow=false;someFunction()">My Button</button>

function fn1(){
if (closeWindow){window.close()}else{
closeWindow = true;

I will leave it to you to figure out why the closeWindow=true is in the
fn1 function.

--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

Thanks, I understood why you have given closewindow=true. I am
developing dotnet web page. there i have used this technique. When I
click IE "X" button. it fires well. But When I click any button. It
fires Page_OnUnload event automatically. That's my issue.

bsm

bsm said the following on 4/26/2007 6:06 AM:

Totally irrelevant.

Which technique?

The unload event?

Then there is code somewhere calling that function.

--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind
comp.lang.javascript FAQ -http://jibbering.com/faq/index.html