    instructions on how you did it? Thanks in advance...

    Best regards,
    Dean

    Dean N. Williams, Feb 1, 2005

  2. Dean N. Williams

    Kartic Guest

    Dean,

    It has been quite sometime since I did that. I had installed Tcl/TK in
    a non-standard location on my Freebsd box.

    So, for Python to compile _tkinter, in the configure script I passed
    the location of the Tcl/Tk includes and libs. So, you will have to find
    out where in the Cygwin tree the tcl includes and libraries are
    installed.

    On my Freebsd box, I did:
    CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/tcl/include" \ # that is a - capital i
    LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/tcl/lib" \
    ../configure \
    ..... rest of configure options.

    (put this in something like do-conf) and at the prompt type sh do-conf.

    OR

    you can use the --with-libs='lib1 ...' option for the configure
    script. You will to give the path to your TCL libraries against this
    option.

    Do a configure --help to see the available configure options with some
    help strings.

    But like Jason mentioned, why don't you use the stock Python install
    that comes with Cygwin; it is tkinter enabled and works just fine?
    (unless you have a compelling reason to install from source)
    Thanks,
    --Kartic

    Kartic, Feb 1, 2005