Business Delegate

Brian J. Sayatovic

I'm considering implementing the business delegate pattern, but there
a couple of things I'm uncertain of:

1. What is the purpose of turning the Handle obtained from
EJBObject.getHandle() into a String? Isn't the Handle itself a
location descriptor that is supposed to be long-lived and
serializable?

2. If you obtain your EJBObject (say, a stateless SessionBean), and
then get its Handle, do you still need to EJBObject.remove() the
EJBObject afterwards? If so, do you need to also do this after every
time you call Handle.getEJBObject() and use the EJBObject?

Regards,
Brian.