    When clicking the buttons, I see Page_Load, clicking a second time I see
    Page_Load, Button_Click as I would expect (and how it works the very first
    time the page is clicked).
    Michael Johnson Jr., Dec 10, 2003

  2. Michael Johnson Jr.

    Suresh Guest

    If your buttons are dynamically created then their events
    (assigning the event handler) and buttons have to be
    recreated on every postback.

    Suresh, Dec 10, 2003

  3. Michael Johnson Jr.

    Eric Veltman Guest

    Hello Michael,
    Besides what Suresh mentioned, you also have to be sure that the identifiers
    of the dynamically created controls are the same when they're first created
    and when they're re-created from Page_Load to restore state.

    In your case I'm almost sure you have to assign the identifiers yourself,
    because with the automatic identifier assignment, I think the identifiers
    won't be the same in the two mentioned cases.

    If you're already assigning identifiers yourself, then it's good to
    check by debugging whether the identifiers are constant.

    Best regards,

    Eric Veltman, Dec 11, 2003