button event won't fire

Sam Miller

Hi,

I have a button event that won't fire. I left it on Friday and it worked
fine. I came back in on Monday and it won't fire.

I tried putting another button and just putting a response.write on its
click handler but it won't fire either telling me no button click events
will fire. But my calendar control on the same page does fire.

In the debugger I put a break point in the calendar event and the button
event. I see it breaking in the calendar selection_changed event but not
the button_clicked events.

I do have a bunch of validators on the page, so here is the full
btnSubmit_click event:
Private Sub btnSubmit_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles btnSubmit.Click

If Page.IsValid Then

'some connection code

SaveChatInfo()

SaveGuestsInfo()

Response.Redirect("newchatready.aspx?chatID=" & viewState("ChatID"))

End If

End Sub

Philipp Sumi

Sam,

As your event does not fire, it's more interesting, what's *around* your
event handler ;-)

Could you post the designer code?

Cheers, Philipp

Sam Miller

Hey we found the problem.
We installed Service Pack 4 over the weekend which reverts the .Net
Framework (and validator JS script) back to 1.0.

After reinstalling .Net Framework 1.1 its ok.

Sam