Buttons do postback but events are not triggered?

Morten Wennevik

Hi

I have a web page that contains a button doing some simple code. On the
development machine this works as expected, but on the client machine, the
button triggers a postback, but the events are never triggered.

Someone in my office claimed to have heard of this happening, but could
not tell how to fix it.

The program is a VB.Net 1.1 web application, with the button created
WithEvents and the eventhandler method with Handles MyButton.Click.

I haven't tested anything other than buttons, but all buttons I add to the
page will not fire the event, merely do a postback without entering the
event code.

What confuses me even more is that I have two web pages using the exact
same code for the buttons, but only one of these works on the client
machine, while both work on the develpment machine.

Have anyone heard of this happening? And/Or possible know a solution?

Best regards
Morten

Morten Wennevik

I believe the code in this case is irrelevant, as it is not the code per se that is failing. And in any case I can't show it. Nor can I reproduce a similar case outside that server.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Morten said:
[...]

Maybe this is needed ...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/e...gistrationToolAspnet_regiisexe.asp?frame=true

Guest

Hi Morten,

We found if framework version in developing computers is different from one
in server, e.g. SP1 was installed in developing computers, but not in server,
that caused some problems.

Hope this gives you some hint.

Elton Wang