C callbacks returning a value

Nigel

I have a callback routine written in C which returns an int. In all
of the examples of how to write callback rountines in the perlcall
perldoc (http://perldoc.perl.org/perlcall.html), none of the examples
returns a value. All the callbacks have been defined as 'void'.

Does this mean that it's not possible to return a value from a C
callback called from Perl? If so, how can it be done and will the
perlcall document be updated. If not, is this a feature that will be
added in 5.14?

-Nigel

smallpond

I have a callback routine written in C which returns an int.  In all
of the examples of how to write callback rountines in the perlcall
perldoc (http://perldoc.perl.org/perlcall.html), none of the examples
returns a value.  All the callbacks have been defined as 'void'.

Does this mean that it's not possible to return a value from a C
callback called from Perl?  If so, how can it be done and will the
perlcall document be updated.  If not, is this a feature that will be
added in 5.14?

perlxs describes calling C from Perl.
http://perldoc.perl.org/perlxs.html