C++ Programming Searching for Good Way to Learn

Joined
Mar 3, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I’m a newbie to the forum, and looking to get some training on the above. I learned on Basic (long ago), and am longtime Turbo Pascal proficient. The local community college is an attractive vehicle, but has the C++ course timing too far out for my needs. A good online tutorial recommend perhaps? Maybe a YouTube adventure? Something else?

I’d need to install the compiler of course, and would like a text. All advice welcome.
Thanks,
TheKingfish

Joined
Mar 3, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
There are many great online courses available to learn C++ programming language. Here are some popular options:

  1. "C++ For C Programmers" on Coursera by Ira Pohl - This course is designed for programmers who already know C and want to learn C++. It covers object-oriented programming concepts and advanced features of C++.
  2. "Beginning C++ Programming - From Beginner to Beyond" on Udemy by Frank J. Mitropoulos - This course is a comprehensive guide to C++ programming for beginners. It covers the basics of the language and gradually introduces more advanced topics.
  3. "C++ Nanodegree Program" on Udacity - This intensive program covers C++ programming, data structures, algorithms, and software engineering. It is designed to prepare students for careers in software development.
  4. "C++ Fundamentals" on Pluralsight by Kate Gregory - This course covers the fundamentals of C++ programming, including language syntax, data types, and control structures. It is designed for beginners who want to learn C++ from scratch.
  5. "Advanced C++ Programming" on Udemy by John Purcell - This course covers advanced topics in C++, such as templates, operator overloading, and multithreading. It is designed for experienced C++ programmers who want to take their skills to the next level.
These courses are taught by experienced instructors and offer hands-on practice with C++ programming. Choose the course that best suits your experience level and learning goals.

Joined
Mar 3, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
lokeshjoshi,
Very helpful. Thank you very much.

In the moments after I posted my request, I began to think that perhaps C++ (or even C) is overkill for me. Not to mention the learning curve. For perspective, my task is mundane in that even a Basic program could handle. I don’t need object-oriented, and website use is far on the other side of the spectrum.

I have my trusty Turbo Pascal on an old box (Win 7), which is a hassle to use in some ways. I’m now thinking that if I could download a functional TP compiler on my current machine (Win 10), that might be the ticket for me. Hopefully convenient, small learning curve, etc.

I am an always-reply forum person (gratitude), and very much appreciate the time you spent helping me.
Thank you,
The Kingfish