C programming

Imran shahed

Hi,
I'm a student of IUT.
My Question is-"What is the main difference between putc & putw?"
any reply will be appreciated.

Shahed
091442
MCE

Seebs

any reply will be appreciated.

You are a liar. None of you have ever shown any response at all to
replies. Isn't lying sorta frowned on normally? You shouldn't say
this unless you actually mean it. Unless you will actually appreciate
replies -- which would usually imply responding to them, for one thing.

But you won't, and you know it, so you are a liar.

-s

Nick

Seebs said:
You are a liar. None of you have ever shown any response at all to
replies. Isn't lying sorta frowned on normally? You shouldn't say
this unless you actually mean it. Unless you will actually appreciate
replies -- which would usually imply responding to them, for one thing.

But you won't, and you know it, so you are a liar.

To be fair, he only said they'd be appreciated. I appreciate many of
your posts here, even if I don't always say so.

These IUT postings still fascinate me. It's the way they are clearly
written to a template, but every one comes from a different person and
they all ask slightly different questions of various levels of
ludicrosity.

Seebs

To be fair, he only said they'd be appreciated. I appreciate many of
your posts here, even if I don't always say so.

Ahh, but I haven't specifically requested that you let me know. Many
people responding to the IUT postings have asked them to respond, and
failure to respond *when asked to* shows lack of appreciation.
These IUT postings still fascinate me. It's the way they are clearly
written to a template, but every one comes from a different person and
they all ask slightly different questions of various levels of
ludicrosity.

Yes. I've written the CS department to ask them what they think they're
doing. It's gotten ridiculous.

-s

Seebs

it is also appalling how these posts upset people here. i think they
should be simply ignored.

Ignoring problems does not usually make them go away*.

-s
[*] But it worked for the giant squid.

Ben Bacarisse

Seebs said:
Yes. I've written the CS department to ask them what they think they're
doing. It's gotten ridiculous.

Many posts give a department. I have not seen any from CS. MCE
(Mechanical and Chemical Engineering) and CEE (Civil and Environmental
Engineering) yes, but none from CIT (Computing and Information
Technology). I suspect the questions come from an ancillary course for
which there is little or no support.

Seebs

Many posts give a department. I have not seen any from CS. MCE
(Mechanical and Chemical Engineering) and CEE (Civil and Environmental
Engineering) yes, but none from CIT (Computing and Information
Technology). I suspect the questions come from an ancillary course for
which there is little or no support.

Yeah. It looks like it's the "CS for other majors" class or something,
but it reflects on their CS department.

-s

Ben Bacarisse

Seebs said:
Yeah. It looks like it's the "CS for other majors" class or something,
but it reflects on their CS department.

Drifting way off-topic but there is some evidence that the programming
course required by CEE students is provided by the MCE department so one
might guess the same is true for the MCE students. I don't see any
reason to think the CS (well, CIT) department is involved here.

Seebs

Drifting way off-topic but there is some evidence that the programming
course required by CEE students is provided by the MCE department so one
might guess the same is true for the MCE students. I don't see any
reason to think the CS (well, CIT) department is involved here.

Fair enough. If they're the wrong department, maybe they'll tell me who
to talk to. Or do something about it themselves.

I figure they're the people most likely to care that their school is
developing a reputation for having a particularly bad class for programmers.

-s

Sjouke Burry

Imran said:
Hi,
I'm a student of IUT.
My Question is-"What is the main difference between putc & putw?"
any reply will be appreciated.

Shahed
091442
MCE
50 % is not c.

Ian Collins

These IUT postings still fascinate me. It's the way they are clearly
written to a template, but every one comes from a different person and
they all ask slightly different questions of various levels of
ludicrosity.

If they were for real, some of the posters would respond.

They are generated by a spambot.

Seebs

If they were for real, some of the posters would respond.

They are generated by a spambot.

If so... what on earth is it a spambot FOR? A competing university
trying to make IUT look bad?

-s

Phil Carmody

I posit that's nonsense!
If so... what on earth is it a spambot FOR? A competing university
trying to make IUT look bad?

They're generated by a /trollbot/.

What's that for? For getting you, Sjouke, and others to waste
their time.

And thence my time. All the posts come from googoogroups, which I
have block-killfiled. So the only reason I see the dumb questions
is because of all the almost-robotic-looking _responses_.

Phil