C90 pdf, available from ANSI

S.Tobias

Since I haven't found any recent reference to it in csc or clc, I would
like to bring Readers' attention to the apparent availability of C90
Standard in electronic form from www.ansi.org. I haven't actually
bought it, and I have rather assumed it's a PDF file (but too many things
indicate it is).

(I hope I'm not discovering something that's been obvious for a long
time; somehow I never bumped into these things right down before.)

Here are the details, pasted from ANSI site:

# Document#: AS 3955-1991
# Title: Programming languages - C (FOREIGN STANDARD)
# Abstract: Specifies the form and establishes the interpretation
# of programs written in the C programming language. This
# Standard is identical with and has been reproduced from
# ISO/IEC 9899:1990.
# Normative References: No normative references available
# File Size: 0.98 MB
# Price: $103.10

# Title: Programming languages; C; (ISO/IEC 9899:1990); English
# version EN 29899:1993 (FOREIGN STANDARD)
# Abstract: The document defines the programming language C in
# order to facilitate portability of programs written in
# C between data processing systems.
# Normative References: No normative references available
# File Size: 8.34 MB
# Price: $183.00

# Document#: DIN EN 29899/A1
# Title: Programming languages - C - Amendment 1: C integrity
# (ISO/IEC 9899:1990/AMD 1:1995); English version EN
# 29899:1993/A1:1996 (FOREIGN STANDARD)
# Abstract: This amendment A1 primarily consists of a set of library
# functions which facilitate application programmers the
# use of extended character sets. Additionally, it provides
# alternate spellings for certain tokens.
# Normative References: No normative references available
# File Size: 3.13 MB
# Price: $121.00

pete

S.Tobias wrote:
(I hope I'm not discovering something that's been obvious for a long
time; somehow I never bumped into these things right down before.)

Here are the details, pasted from ANSI site:

# Document#: AS 3955-1991
# Title: Programming languages - C (FOREIGN STANDARD)

I've been calling it "Australian Rules C"

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c/search?group=comp.lang.c&q="australian+rules+C"

.... because it starts like this:

AS 3955—1991
ISO/IEC 9899: 1990
Australian Standard
Programming languages—C

Jordan Abel

# Document#: DIN EN 29899/A1
# Title: Programming languages - C - Amendment 1: C integrity
# (ISO/IEC 9899:1990/AMD 1:1995); English version EN
# 29899:1993/A1:1996 (FOREIGN STANDARD)
# Abstract: This amendment A1 primarily consists of a set of library
# functions which facilitate application programmers the
# use of extended character sets. Additionally, it provides
# alternate spellings for certain tokens.

Alternate spellings? such as what? I don't think there are any alternate
spellings in standard C. oh, wait... is this just c94 and iso646.h?

Antoine Leca

In news:[email protected], Jordan Abel va escriure:
oh, wait... is this just c94 and iso646.h?

It is not C94 as a whole, it is just the First Amendment, that is, the text
added to C90 to form C94. It is also known as MSE.
Yes, it includes (for the first time) the specifications of <iso646.h> to be
%:include'd

More or less 50 pages.

Antoine

S.Tobias

Darn, forgot to write the number of the second document,
so for the record, here are its details again:

Document#: DIN EN 29899

Netocrat

I've been calling it "Australian Rules C"

It's missing mention of marks and runners. That's OK though, union is
just as Australian even if it was inherited (that'll have to be emulated,
this isn't "Australian Rules C++" after all) - and our other inheritance
has basic support in 5-count for loops.

(if bemused, Google "Australian Rules")
... because it starts like this:

AS 3955—1991
ISO/IEC 9899: 1990
Australian Standard
Programming languages—C

If you're going to buy the Aussie version anyway, you could also pay us a
virtual visit:

<http://www.standards.com.au/catalogue/script/Details.asp?DocN=stds000005269>

or if you must have the ISO publication - hardcopy only:

<http://www.standards.com.au/catalogue/script/Details.asp?DocN=isoc000512954>