Cache an Applet

Mika Myllyvirta

Hi,

I am having trouple with applet cacheing. I have a database applet that
is using servlet to communicate to sqlServer. I thought that only
communication between applet and the server would be my queries to the
server and servers answers as serialized objects. That data transfer
would be max of 30 KB. Now the applet transfers the 30 KB of data and
also 200 KB of classes from the server!?! Why?

Here are some rows from the sun jvm log:
network: Connecting http://www.xxx.xxx/javadatepicker.jar with proxy=DIRECT
basic: Loading http://www.xxx.xxx/javadatepicker.jar from cache
basic: No certificate info, this is unsigned JAR file.

and later..

network: Connecting
http://www.xxx.xxx/com/standbysoft/component/date/swing/monthview.class
with proxy=DIRECT
network: Connecting http://www.xxx.xxx/javadatepicker.jar with proxy=DIRECT
network: Connecting
http://www.xxx.xxx/com/standbysoft/component/date/swing/monthview_fi.class
with proxy=DIRECT
network: Connecting
http://www.xxx.xxx/com/standbysoft/component/date/swing/monthview_fi.properties
with proxy=DIRECT
network: Connecting
http://www.xxx.xxx/com/standbysoft/component/date/swing/monthview_fi_FI.class
with proxy=DIRECT
network: Connecting
http://www.xxx.xxx/com/standbysoft/component/date/swing/monthview_fi_FI.properties
with proxy=DIRECT

And here is my applet-tag:

<applet archive =
jApplet.jar,javadatepicker.jar,dx.jar,jbcl.jar,dbswing.jar,beandt.jar,javadatepicker-beans.jar"
codebase = "."
code = "jApplet.jApplet.class"
name = "jApplet"
width = "800"
height = "600"
hspace = "0"
vspace = "0"
align = "middle">
<param name="cache_option" value="plugin">
<param name="cache_archive"
value="jApplet.jar,javadatepicker.jar,dx.jar,jbcl.jar,dbswing.jar,beandt.jar,javadatepicker-beans.jar">
</applet>

Thanks,
Mika