Can a window change its own properties with javascript?

Simon Wigzell

I have a picture gallery webpage. Naturally I want as much space as possible
for the pictures but with browsers these days the actual available area is
only 2/3 - 3/4 of the total window. So I have the initial webpage open the
actual gallery in another window as follows:

quickgallery =
window.open(filename,'quickgallery','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,scrollbars=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes').focus();

Is it possible to just set the various properties:

'toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,scrollbars=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes'

in the initial window e.g. the initial webpage sets them to it's own window
rather than opening another? If not, is there some way of tricking it e.g.
it re-opens itself with the new properties?

Thanks. I've been doing this for 5 years now and never seen this topic
discussed.

Lee

Simon Wigzell said:
[...]

It's been discussed. The bottom line is keep your hands off of
my window. For all you know, I've got the results of critical
research in my history, and wouldn't know how to get back to it
if you took away my menubar. Most browser designers understand
this, and won't let you change a window you didn't open.