Can anyone help me whats wrong with this

Joined
Jun 2, 2022
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Can anyone help me with this bit of code ill show you the whole script and then show you the bit that dosen't work.

Code:

public class se
{

double Psi[];
double ECurrent;
double Emin = 1.490;
double xMin = -15;
double xMax = 15.;
double hZero;
double EDelta = 0.0000001;
double maxPsi = 0.00000001;
int numberDivisions = 200;
public se()
{
ECurrent = Emin;
psi = new double[numberDivisions + 1];
psi[0] = 0;
psi[1] = -0.00000001;
psi[numberDivisions] = 1.0;
hZero = (xMax - xMin) / numberDivisions;
}

public static void main(String [] argv)
{
se de = new se();
de.calculate();
}

public void calculate()
{
while(Math.abs(psi[numberDivisions])> maxPsi){
for (int i = 1; i <numberDivisions; i++){
psi[i + 1] = calculateNextPsi (i);
}
if (psi[numberDivisions]> 0.0) {
Ecurrent = ECurrent - EDelta;
}
else {
ECurrent = ECurrent + EDelta;
}

System.out.println(ìPsi200: ì + psi[numberDivisions]
+ ì E: ì + round(ECurrent));

}
System.out.println(ì\nThe ground state energy ì +
round(ECurrent) + ì MeV.î);

}

public double calculateKSquared(int n)
{
double x = (hZero * n) + xMin;
return (((0.5) * ECurrent) - ((x * x) * 5.63e-3));
}

public double calculateNextPsi(int n)
{
double KSqNMinusOne = calculateKSquared(n - 1);
double KSqN = calculateKSquared(n);
double KSqNPlusOne = calculateKSquared(n + 1);
double nextPsi = 2.0 *(1.0 - (5.0 * hZero * hZero *
KSqN / 12.0)) * psi[n];
nextPsi = nextPsi - (1.0 + (hZero * hZero *
KSqNMinusOne / 12.0)) * psi[n - 1];
nextPsi = nextPsi /(1.0 + (hZero * hZero * KSqNPlusOne
/ 12.0));
return nextPsi;

}

public double round(double val)
{
double divider = 100000;
val = val * divider;
double temp = Math.round(val);
return (double)temp / divider;

The Part That Needs Fixing:

System.out.println(ìPsi200: ì + psi[numberDivisions]
+ ì E: ì + round(ECurrent));

}
System.out.println(ì\nThe ground state energy ì +
round(ECurrent) + ì MeV.î);

Please if you know a fix post it in the comments.
Thanks in advance!

Joined
Mar 28, 2022
Messages
82
Reaction score
11
I recommend using Visual Studio Code, it will flag spelling errors and other common mistakes.
In this case, an array of doubles is defined at the start of the class, called Psi[], but then all references are spelled psi.