Cannot centre page in firefox browser ( it works in Internet Explorer)

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Bundy, Nov 19, 2006.

  1. Bundy

    Bundy Guest

    Hi

    I cannot centre the following page in firefox browser. It does work in
    internet explorer.

    CSS (in external file - testcssglobal.css)

    body {
    text-align: center;
    margin: 0px;
    padding: 0px;

    }

    #global {
    position: relative;
    width: 800px;
    text-align: left;
    }

    HTML
    <head>
    <title>testing css</title>
    <link href="css/testcssglobal.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    </head>

    Your help will be appreciated.

    Regards

    Bundy

    Bundy, Nov 19, 2006

  2. Bundy

    dorayme Guest

    Try instead of all the above:

    body {margin:0;padding:0;}

    table {margin:auto;}

    (given your html... thought better to put the styles for the
    table in the css...)

    dorayme, Nov 20, 2006

  3. Bundy

    dorayme Guest

    should read "though better"

    dorayme, Nov 20, 2006
  4. Bundy

    Bundy Guest

    Works.

    Thank you

    Bundy

    Bundy, Nov 20, 2006
  5. Bundy

    dorayme Guest

    I am glad to have helped. Any other problems?

    dorayme, Nov 20, 2006