Cannot drag custom web control from toolbox

C Townhill

Hi,

I'm in the process of developing a custom web control, which is stored on my
local drive. (not mapped or on a remote server)

When I add the custom control to the toolbox, I get the 'no'entry' icon, and
I can't drop the control on the web form. This happens when I'm logged on to
our AD but working locally.

However, when I log on locally to the machine, rather than to our AD I can
drag the custom web control on the the web form without any problem.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Chris

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Chris,

Welcome to ASP.NET newsgroup.
From your description, you've developed a custom webcontrol and add it to
the VS.NET IDE's toolbox so as for other web application's reference.
However, you found it works when you logon with local account , but not
work when you logon under a domain account in AD, yes?

As for this problem, I think it is a normal problem since the VS.NET's IDE
settings(project or toolbox...) are per user based. The setting files are
stored in each user account's profile folder. The following kb artticle
has mentioned this:

#INFO: Locations for User Customizations in Visual Studio .NET
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320851

So when you add your control into toolbox under a local account and then
log again under the domain account, that added control may not work. Have
you tried readded the control when you logon with the domain account?

Please have a check on this and let me know if you have any further
questions.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

C Townhill

Hi Steven,

I think you are right that the problem is with the domain accounts user
profile location, thanks.

Chris