Can't locate IO/Tty/Constant.pm in @INC

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Newbie, Feb 4, 2004.

  1. Newbie

    Newbie Guest

    Hi

    My script is using Expect.pm. The pre-requisites of using this is
    IO::tty and IO::pty. I downloaded Bundle-Expect-1.09, which says that
    it has both these packages. Later executing this script gave this eror
    message:

    Can't locate IO/Tty/Constant.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
    /avo/tools/PerlLib /usr/perl5/5.00503/sun4-solaris /usr/perl5/5.00503
    /usr/perl5/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris /usr/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .)
    at /usr/perl5/5.00503/sun4-solaris/IO/Tty.pm line 8.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
    /usr/perl5/5.00503/sun4-solaris/IO/Tty.pm line 8.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
    /usr/perl5/5.00503/sun4-solaris/IO/Pty.pm line 8.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /avo/tools/PerlLib/Expect.pm line
    22.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /avo/tools/File.pl line 356.

    The existing package on my machine: 5.005_03
    Is this s dependancy issue or difference in versions is causing the
    problem? How to resolve it?

    Thanks

    Newbie, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Newbie

    Sisyphus Guest

    I can't find any reference to an IO::Tty::Constant module on cpan. Maybe
    an error in the coding of your script ?
    If, in fact, you do have an 'IO/Tty/Constant.pm' then what is the _full_
    path to its location ?

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Feb 5, 2004

  3. Newbie

    Ben Morrow Guest

    Well, I've got one on my machine. It came with IO::Tty.

    Ben

    Ben Morrow, Feb 5, 2004
  4. Newbie

    Sisyphus Guest

    Well - I can't find one that comes with the current version of IO::Tty.
    But now that I come to build the module I find that 'Constant.pm' gets
    autogenerated and installed as part of the build process - things must
    have changed slightly from when Ben built it.

    So ... to the OP, we still need to find out what happened to your
    'Constant.pm' - and we don't have much to go on at the moment :)

    Did it get autogenerated ? If so did it get installed into the wrong
    location, or did it simply not get installed at all ?

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Feb 6, 2004