carriage returns get lost

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by ajfish, May 12, 2006.

  1. ajfish

    ajfish Guest

    Hi,

    I've noticed that if a return value from a web service is a string, any
    carriage return/line feed pairs in that string get converted to plain
    line feeds. For all I know, this happens on incoming parameters as
    well, though I haven't tested it.

    surely this is a serious flaw in the implementation. the very least we
    should be able to assume from a transport service is that the data gets
    there uncorrupted

    is anyone aware of what other character combinations are affected by
    this problem? does all whitespace get garbled?

    is there some kind of configuration parameter I can set to fix this? or
    do I have to declare all string parameters as byte arrays in case they
    might contain a cr/lf pair?

    Andy

    ajfish, May 12, 2006